Quick Tricks For Prepping Your Home To Sell Part Three

Quick Tricks For Prepping Your Home To Sell Part Three

Hello, dedicated sellers! Glad you’re back for our third installment of tips for prepping your home to sell. Let’s start off with a quiz: Did you know that 12% of a buyer’s first impression of your home is based on its exterior? You may be thinking to yourself that 12% isn’t much, but let’s quickly crunch some numbers: 69% of a buyer’s first impression on your home is based on location, which only leaves us with a mere 31% to make an impact. If only 31% of a buyer’s first impression can be influenced by our home’s physicalities, and 12% of that is based on curb appeal, then suddenly the appearance of our home’s exterior accounts for nearly half! Not to worry though, we’ve got a few tips to share with you that will help your home’s exterior flourish:

To Tour or Not to Tour
A buyer may not judge a book by its cover, but you can be bet they’ll judge your home by its exterior. If a buyer arrives to tour your home and sees a dirty, unkempt exterior, they will assume that you’ve slacked off on the interior maintenance as well. This may cause them to think twice about continuing the tour. Even if a buyer does continue with the tour, they may be skeptical and may lead to a lost sale.
Quick Trick: Apply a fresh coat of paint to your front door in a color that contrasts with the home. This will make the front door stand out and help reel in potential buyers. Also, Replace faded house numbers so buyers can see them from the curb.

Embrace Your Green Thumb
The simple task of adding a few well-chosen and nicely arranged plants to the front of your house has the ability to transform your home’s entry into an inviting and eye-catching focal point. Small additions of plants, such as a couple of lovely, easy to maintain planters placed at your entryway, or a strategically-planted accent tree or shrub, can easily increase your curb appeal.
Quick Trick: Elevated garden beds add depth to a space. Give your front yard some definition by lining the path to the front door with cheerful, welcoming flowers or plants.

Quick Tricks for Prepping Your Home To Sell, Part 2:
http://www.clarkrealtybrokerage.com/blog/Quick+Tricks+For+Prepping+Your+Home+To+Sell+Part+Two

Quick Tricks for Prepping Your Home To Sell, Part 1:
http://www.clarkrealtybrokerage.com/blog/Quick+Tricks+For+Prepping+Your+Home+To+Sell+Part+One

(Photo via: 
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/259731103481437822/)


Erin Martin (Support) Headshot
Author:
Phone: 443-812-2824
Dated: April 15th 2014
Views: 4,821
About Erin: Erin Martin, Online Marketing Specialist is what we like to call “an agent in the works.” She is...

Property Search








RSS Feed

View our latest blog posts in your RSS reader. Click here to access. RSS

Search Blog

Recent Blogs

Expand Your Investment Portfolio And Have Fun Doing It - In Washington DC’s seemingly-
A Very Happy Hour At The Hyde - The Hyde, a brand new, boutique
5 Ways To Beat The Heat This Summer - It’s tempting to stay at home
5 Summer Must Dos In The Washington DC Area - Perhaps you just bought a

Saved Properties

This is a list of your favorite properties. We will email you if a property is reduced or leaves the market.

Click 'Save' to add a property to this list.

Register / Login

New & returning visitors please enter your information to login.

By clicking 'register' you are agreeing to our terms of use & giving us expressed written consent to contact you.

Questions? Comments? Complaints?

This message will go directly to the head of our team.

Location & Address

CRC Premier Properties LLC
4401 Wilson Boulevard, Suite 600
Arlington, VA
703-879-2151
703-294-4650

Other Locations